Residential Services

Through the various ID-ASD-PD programs, clients are encouraged to stay in their homes and are given the support they need to be independent.  When this is no longer possible, there are several residential resources that can provide them with a living environment that meets their needs.  

When warranted, residents can also benefit from the support of various professionals (psychoeducator, psychologist, occupational therapist, sexologist, nurse, etc.).

There are three types of residential resources:

Family-type resources (FTR)

In a family-type resource, the individual is taken into a family’s home by a host and lives with them as part of the family. There are two kinds of family-type resources: foster families, which are for children and foster homes, which are for adults.

Intermediate resources (IR)

In an intermediate resource, the individual is taken into a housing facility that is operated by a person who does not live there. It is staffed by qualified employees who take care of the residents.    

The selection process for those who operate these resources is thorough and in keeping with ministerial standards. A number of checks are also carried out to make sure that the individual is in an environment that is safe and adapted to their needs. 

Continuous assistance resources (RAC)

Our residential resources with continuous assistance (RAC) are for adults living with an intellectual disability or an autism spectrum disorder in addition to a behavioural disorder (BD) or a severe behavioural disorder (SBD).   

To top

How do I go about getting these services?

Dernière modification de la page le