Services are available upon referral for those living with a chronic pulmonary disease or an acute respiratory infection (asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), sleep disorders, etc.).
Not all hospitals offer the same services.
Your doctor will refer you to the hospital that is best suited to address your needs.
- Clinical consultation
- Pulmonary function testing
- Asthma education clinic
- Routine follow-ups for COPD patients
- Pulmonary telerehabilitation
Pulmonology/respirology services are provided by a multidisciplinary team that consists of nurses, respiratory therapists and respirologists, among others.
Services are available by appointment and require a medical referral.
If a doctor determines that you should go to the pulmonary function laboratory, they will give you a referral. You will be given further information on how to make an appointment.
For support or information, click on the links below :
- Quit Smoking Centres
- Association pulmonaire du Québec
- Living Well with COPD
- Réseau québécois d'éducation en santé respiratoire
- I QUIT NOW - Tobacco-Free Quebec : 1-866-527-7383 (toll free)
- SMAT - Short Messages Against Tobacco (text messaging service subscription)