Household help is available for eligible* individuals 65 years and over through the Financial Assistance Program for Domestic Help Services. Rates vary and are based on family income. The services offered through this program, which is administered by the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec, must be provided by a social economy enterprise recognized by the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MSSS).
* With a referral from the CLSC, persons under 65 years of age who need household help after a surgery or as a result of an illness or any other incapacity may also benefit from the Financial Assistance program for Domestic Help Services.
- Light housekeeping (sweeping, dusting, cleaning, etc.)
- Heavy housekeeping (heavy cleaning, keeping the front door clear of snow and leaves)
- Laundry (washing and ironing)
- Meal preparation (excluding special diets)
- Shopping and other errands (taking you to the grocery store, bank, pharmacy, etc.)
Click the image to view the video Risks for seniors in their home (with the precious help of CIUSSS Montérégie-Ouest