Prenatal classes are designed to prepare parents-to-be for the pregnancy, birth and arrival of their baby. These interactive classes are facilitated by an experienced perinatal nurse or a nutritionist.
Virtual prenatal classes will cover the four following subjects:
|Nutrition (mother-to-be and newborn)||1.5 hours||Nutritionist|| |
|Preparing for childbirth||1.5 hours||Nurse|| |
|Feeding your newborn||1.5 hours||Nurse|| |
|Going home with baby||1.5 hours||Nurse|| |
- To encourage conversation and information sharing, you must have your camera turned on during the online sessions.
- Images, videos and documents will be shown during the class. To make it easier for you to see them, we recommend attending the class on a device other than a cell phone.
- You will receive a list of learning materials/resources one week before the session. Please take the time to go over the information prior to the meeting so that we may spend the time we need addressing your questions/concerns.
To register, please fill out the form and send it to the appropriate email address:
- CLSC de Dorval-Lachine or CLSC de LaSalle : firstname.lastname@example.org
- CLSC du Lac-Saint-Louis or CLSC de Pierrefonds : email@example.com
Prenatal Information Sessions
Information sessions are offered by your delivering center, either Lakeshore General Hospital, Hôpital de LaSalle or St Mary's Hospital Center. These sessions are given by an experienced perinatal nurse who will offer you excellent advice and answer your questions.
In order to familiarize yourself with your birthing hospital, we encourage you and your support person to join one of our information sessions to help you prepare for your hospital stay.
Virtual information sessions will cover the following subjects:
- When to go to the hospital
- What to expect during the delivery and post-partum period
- What to expect in the first few days after your baby is born
Book a free information session here
- Length: 90 minutes
- Registration: Ideally, between the 32nd week and the 36th week of pregnancy
- Languages: Sessions are available in English and French
If there is no availability before your due date, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (in your email, please don’t forget to give us your expected due date, birth location, first and last name).