St. Mary’s Research Centre is embedded in St. Mary’s Hospital Center, an installation of the Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre.
- To support and conduct high quality clinical and health services research relevant to St. Mary's patients and service providers;
- To promote knowledge transfer and exchange activities to support evidence-informed decision-making in practice, management and policy;
- To provide decision support for clinical and management leaders through quality rapid systematic reviews of scientific evidence;
- To support the application of evidence through quality improvement and other implementation initiatives;
- To provide a high quality training program and environment for students, trainees and young researchers interested in research careers.
Clinical and Community Engagement
We care deeply about the community of St. Mary's Hospital Center. This proximity is reflected through the various research themes such as patient engagement, self-management and knowledge transfer to the clinical community and the population.
We integrate into clinical settings through family and emergency medicine, community gynecology and oncology clinical trials.
Research themes oriented toward well-being essentials
- Primary care
- Community partnerships for better health
- Marginalized/underserved populations
- High-risk patients / high-risk situations
- Patient-centered interventions and patient empowerment
The Research Center holds numerous grants from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, the Fonds de la recherche du Québec and organizations such as the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation.
St. Mary's Hospital Foundation provides significant funding to the St. Mary's Research Centre. To learn more about the Foundation and how you can help them support our important work, please click on their logo.