Alternatives to the emergency department

Did you know that you have access to health care options other than the emergency department when dealing with a minor medical problem

If you or a loved one has a health problem or a psychosocial problem, there are various resources within the health and social services network that are available to you.

Before heading to the emergency, consider all your options: 

  • Call Santé 811
  • Call your clinic
  • Go to a walk-in clinic or a super-clinic
  • Speak to your pharmacist

Are you looking for a family doctor?

To find a family doctor who is accepting new patients, you must be registered on the Family Doctor Finder (GAMF) waiting list.

If you are already registered, make sure that your contact details are up to date.  
Online at: or call 514-693-6663, extension 1

Once you are registered on the GAMF, you will have access to services through the Primary care access point (GAP) and will be referred to the professional or medical service that best meets your needs. To reach the GAP, call 514-693-6663

Important: Each of the 5 CIUSSS’ in the Greater Montréal area has its own GAP. Contact the GAP in your territory.

For more on the various resources available across the health and social services network

Dernière modification de la page le