The flu vaccination campaign is now underway! Appointments are available through Clic Santé only. Clic Santé is a quick and easy way to avoid lineups and respect sanitary measures.
Every year, complications of the flu leave many vulnerable people at risk of hospitalization. That is why vaccination is recommended and available free of charge to those who are most at risk of complications:
- Children from 6 months to 17 years old who have certain chronic diseases
- Adults who have certain chronic diseases (including pregnant women regardless the stage of pregnancy)
- Pregnant women, in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of their pregnancy
- People aged 75 and over.
To reduce the risk of contamination, the flu vaccine is also offered free of charge to:
- Family members who live in the same household of a child under 6 months of age or a person at higher risk of being hospitalized and to their caregivers
- Health care workers
Flu vaccination is also free of charge to:
- Healthy children from 6 to 23 months old
- Healthy people from 60 to 74 years old
Please note that the flu vaccine does not offer protection against COVID-19 and does not worsen COVID-19 symptoms in case of infection. It is recommended that you receive both a flu shot and the COVID-19 vaccine. There is no delay needed between the flu shot and the COVID-19 vaccine. See our webpage for more information.
If you do not have access to the internet, you can call the MWI CIUSSS Help Line for assistance with booking an appointment at one of our vaccination clinics: 514 630-2123.
Thank you for protecting yourself and those around you from the flu.