The Knowledge Transfer and Innovation team provides support and advice to MWI CIUSSS stakeholders who want to communicate, adopt, use, or implement the results of recent research, cutting-edge practices, or experiential knowledge.
It is a dedicated interdisciplinary team and one of the five departments that make up the Academic Affairs, Teaching, and Research Directorate (AATRD).
Knowledge transfer promotes research findings. It also considers the need for knowledge in practical environments so that they can collaborate with researchers, practitioners, partners, and knowledge users to develop solutions that meet the needs of the community.
To support and accompany all MWI CIUSSS stakeholders who want to communicate, adopt, use, or implement the results of recent research, cutting-edge practices, or experiential knowledge. We also provide support in innovation and telehealth.
We use various public outreach activities to promote knowledge transfer and ensure that the public understands and applies new knowledge appropriately. Such activities include:
- Presentations and webinars
- Publishing articles on science in non-technical language
We make discoveries and breakthroughs by our researchers and clinicians accessible by developing adapted responses in collaboration with researchers, practitioners, partners, and knowledge users so that this knowledge can benefit the community.
- Support clinical and research teams in the realization of their knowledge transfer and innovation projects.
- Promote the dissemination of knowledge and experiential knowledge in an adapted format, in order to raise awareness and inform the population as well as health professionals.
- Promote the improvement of health care and services in general by supporting the dissemination of best clinical practices supported by research and science.