Our users committees protect the rights of all individuals who receive care and services from a health and social services institution in Quebec.
All of the Montréal West IUHSSC users committees have a mandate to:
- Provide users with information about their rights and responsibilities.
- Promote quality of life improvements for users, and evaluate user satisfaction with the services received from the institution.
- Advocate for the individual and collective rights and interests of users in their dealings with the institution.
- Upon request, guide and assist users in their actions, including lodging a complaint, should the need arise.
The Integrated Centre users committee (ICUC) carries out the same functions as the local users committees. However, in addition, it:
- Coordinates and synchronizes the activities of all users and residents committees of the Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre ;
- Represents all users in its dealings with Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre authorities. It also speaks for all users and local committees in its dealings with the:
- Board of Directors
- Vigilance and Quality Committee
- Risk Management Committee
Within the Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre, you may contact either the users committee for your facility or the ICUC – the choice is yours. You’ll receive the same level of attention and respect regardless of which committee you choose.
If you’d like to contribute to improving users’ satisfaction and helping ensure their rights are respected, our users committees need you!
The roles and duties of members of the users committees are as follows:
- Provide users with information about their rights and responsibilities
- Help improve the quality of the care and services offered
- Guide users who request help
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the CHSLD residents committees.
If you’re interested in joining one of the committees, please contact us:
514-363-3025, ext. 8002
The ICUC is comprised of six members elected by the local users committees and five representatives elected by the local residents committees. All committees are represented on the Integrated Centre users committee (ICUC).
|Micheline Béland||President of the Montréal West Island ICUC||514-364-6700, extension 40227|
|Claudel St-Pierre||President of the Centre d'hébergement Denis-Benjamin-Viger Residents' Committee||514-620-6310, extension 3752|
|Dianne Sabourin||President of the West Montreal Readaptation Centre Users' Committee||514-363-3025, extension 2422|
|Abdelkarim Elgadi||President of the Douglas Mental Health University Institute Users' Committee||514-761-6131, extension 2282|
|John Brkich||President of the Grace Dart Extended Care Centre Users' Committee||514-255-2834, extension 3583|
|Johanne Comeau||President of the Centre d'hébergement Nazaire-Piché Residents' Committee||514-637-2326, extension 60222|
|Jeannine Lemire||Member of the Centre d'hébergement de Dorval Residents' Committee||514-631-9094, extension 70226|
|Catherine Bubnich||Member of the Lakeshore General Hospital Users' Committee||514-630-2225, extension 1453|
|Hélène Duquet||Member of the Centre d'hébergement de Lachine Residents' Committee||514-364-7161, extension 52276|
|Montreal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre Users Committee||8000 Notre-Dame|
514-363-3025, extension 8002
|Douglas Mental Health University Institute Users Committee Burgess Pavilion|
6875 LaSalle Boulevard
|Batshaw Youth and Family Centres Users Committee||5 Weredale Park|
|Grace Dart Extend Care Centre Users Committee||6085 Sherbrooke East|
514-255-2833, extension 2278
|West Montreal Readaptation Centre Users Committee||231 Elm|
514-363-3025, extension 2422 email@example.com
|St. Mary’s Hospital Centre Users Committee||8000 Notre-Dame|
514-363-3025, extension 8002 comite_des_Usagers_CIUSSS_ODIM@ssss.gouv.qc.ca
|West Island Facilites Users Committee Lakeshore General Hospital • CLSC du Lac-Saint-Louis • CLSC de Pierrefonds • CHSLD Denis-Benjamin-Viger||160 Stillview |
514-630-2225, extension 1453
|Dorval-Lachine-LaSalle facilities Users Committee Hôpital de LaSalle • CHSLD de Dorval • CHSLD de LaSalle • CHSLD Nazaire Piché • CHSLD de Lachine • CLSC de Dorval-Lachine • CLSC de LaSalle||8585, terrasse Champlain|
514-362-8000, extension 31987
|Sainte-Anne’s Hospital Users Committee||305 des Anciens-Combattants boulevard|
514-457-3440, extension 2259
2019-2020 / 2020-2021
2019-2020 (FR only)
- Centres de la jeunesse et de la famille Batshaw
- Centre de réadaptation de l’Ouest de Montréal
- CLSC Dorval-Lachine-LaSalle
- Centre de soins prolongés Grace Dart
- Hôpital général du Lakeshore
- Hôpital Sainte-Anne
- Institut universitaire en santé mentale Douglas
- CUCI-ODIM – CIUSSS de l’Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal