What is the Montréal West Island IUHSSC?
Integrated University Health and Social Services Centres (IUHSSC) and the Integrated Health and Social Services Centres (IHSSC) are large institutions responsible for managing and delivering all health and social services for a given territory.
The Montréal West Island IUHSSC oversees all of these services across a territory that covers 38% of the area of the island of Montréal and includes :
- 4 hospital centres, including one psychiatric hospital centre;
- 4 CLSCs and 8 long-term care centres (CHSLD);
- 1 readaptation centre for intellectual disabilities and 1 youth protection centre;
- Over 75 service points across 8 cities and 7 boroughs of the metropolitan area.
A Vast Array of Careers
Montréal West Island IUHSSC is made up of almost 14,000 employees dedicated to providing health and social services and to supporting the healthcare teams. To help fulfil our mission, we have among us:
- Healthcare professionals of all sorts: physicians, nurses, psychologists, social workers, educators, etc.
- Healthcare technicians: attendants, auxiliaries, etc.
- Administrative support staff: administrative agents and technicians, etc.
- Professional advisors: in human resources, in communications, etc.
- Infrastructure specialists: engineers, architects, technologists, etc.
- Tradespeople: plumbers, painters, carpenters, etc.
- Information technology specialists: IT technicians and analysts, etc.
- A range of more general job titles in transportation, maintenance, safety, sanitation, etc.
Have a look at the job offers we have available. You’re sure to find something for you!