The Travellers’ Health Clinic offers vaccination services and travel-related counselling on disease prevention and staying safe when travelling abroad.
The shingles vaccine, the pneumococcal vaccine and the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine are also available at the clinic.
A pre-travel consultation with a specialized nurse involves:
- A health assessment
- A review of your vaccination history
- A look at your itinerary
- A review of the required vaccines
- Information about the vaccine-preventable diseases and possible vaccination side effects
- Issuance of a vaccination record
- Information on various precautions* to take to stay healthy and safe while travelling
- A referral to see the doctor, if necessary
* Among the topics discussed: water, food, mosquitoes, travellers’ diarrhea, swimming, sun, and high-altitude travel.
What to bring?
- Son carnet de vaccination;
- Son itinéraire de voyage détaillé;
- Le questionnaire santé voyage remplit au préalable.
*The Travellers’ Health Clinic is designated as a Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre by Health Canada.